Updated July 1, 2021
The following tips, services, and support are available for non-clinical Faculty and Researchers.
To avoid phishing scams related to COVID-19 uncertainty, review guidance on how to recognize a phishing attack and report suspicious email messages.
- Review guidance on accessing the internet at home, including understanding network health/speed and improving network performance
- Check to be sure your software is up to date
- Update contact information in Workday, including your cell phone number, if applicable
Frequently Used Services
Share files using this cloud-based file sharing and storage work space. Note: Only Secure Box@Yale is approved for High Risk data (ePHI).
If you do not have the necessary equipment for remote teaching (e.g., laptop), request a loaner device.
Multifactor Authentication (MFA-Duo)
Obtain off-campus access to Yale’s network and other resources, including Yale’s Central Authentication System (CAS). MFA-Duo reccomends using a registered mobile device to securely access Yale resources from home.
- Enroll and Manage Devices
- Download Multifactor Authentication (MFA-Duo)
- Additional Information about Multifactor Authentication (MFA-Duo)
- Log into VPN and MFA-protected Resources from Off-Campus
Send emails and update your calendar using O365 email.
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
(Used for off-site managed workstations only)
Securely access Yale’s restricted services and resources on the University network from a non-Yale internet source using VPN. Connect online by visiting access.yale.edu or via downloaded AnyConnect software; start AnyConnect each time you wish to use restricted Yale resources. Disconnect from VPN when you are no longer using restricted Yale resources. VPN is required to access secure sites off-campus (requiring NetID and password authentication), such as MyTime.
- About Off Campus Access VPN
- Obtain Off Campus Access VPN
- Setup for iOS Devices
- Download Multifactor Authentication (MFA-Duo) to connect (required)
Stay connected via phone while working remotely.
Workday (Including Time and Absence)
Yale’s unified system for managing human resources, payroll, and finance operations. Also, Yale’s online timekeeping system for staff members.
Zoom Audio and Video Conferencing
Zoom allows you to host scheduled and on-demand audio and video conferences, at all hours of the day (24/7). Connect via a local Yale phone number or via the Zoom application.
Visit the Zoom Quick Guide for information on best practices, security features, and more.