IT has identified three organizational priorities that act as strategic anchors. Each priority is mapped to specific goals on a balanced scorecard that we plan to accomplish over the next few fiscal years. Our leaders meet regularly to ensure that we are successful.
One IT at Yale
Working together to provide clear and accessible services.
- Engage IT Governance Chairs in a review of the 3-year plan by service
- Incorporate Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS) and Yale School of Medicine (YSM) representation in the IT Leadership Council
- Ensure that all financial results are within 1% of budget
- Gain IT Governance Chair endorsement of 3-year plan by services
- Asset management in common tool for software, devices, and hardware
- Deploy common tools for demand management, project and resource management, and time tracking
Consistent and reliable delivery of valued services.
- Train 100% of Service Owners on fiscal management by end of FY21
- All financial results not within 1% of budget (by category) reviewed monthly by Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- Reduce duplicate services/applications per FY20 plan and bring clarity to Application Inventory scope and process
- All ITS groups using standard processes and tools for change, incident, and problem processes
- Implement a plan to track issues uncovered in After Action Reviews (AARs) and as identified from other sources
- Define and establish IT Service Ownership model that drives committment and accountability through documented Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and service ownership training
- Establish tested enterprise security incident response process with appropriate training for ITS
- Ongoing process established to improve financial transparency and refine service offerings
- Service definitions and SLA work complete for remaining services
Workplace of Choice
Great people enthusiastically work toward shared goals.
- Identify initial operational practices where expectations will be reinforced (e.g. performance management, recruiting, etc.)
- Integrate balanced scorecard, diversity & inclusion, and information security risk expectations into selected operational practices
- Introduce Individual Development Plans IDPs) for all
- Pilot a mentoring program