'Search features' Link: 'Promotions' Tab
The Promotions tab allows for:
Promotions, similar to KeyMatches, promote a specific page to the top of search result pages when users search for certain queries.
- From the Promotions tab, set the Enable promotions toggle to ON or OFF.
- From the Customize tab, set the Enable promotions inside Autocomplete toggle to ON or OFF.
- From the Promotions tab, click the Add button to open the Add promotion dialog.
- (Required) The first field accepts Promotion triggering queries separated by commas.
- If the Regular expression checkbox is selected, the Promotion triggering queries will be treated as a regular expression.
- (Required) The Promotion title field defines the title of the promotion that will display in search results.
- (Required) The third field, containing the sample URL http://www.example.com/promotion, is the URL of the page being promoted.
- The Promotion description field provides a description or lead-in for the promotion.
- The Thumbnail Image URL field accepts the URL for an image that will display as a thumbnail with the promotion.
- (Required) Ensure the Enable toggle is set to ON.
- In the Promotion start date field, a date and time can be selected for the promotion to begin.
- In the Promotion end date field, a date and time can be selected for the promotion to end.
- Click the OK button to save the promotion.
- From the Promotions tab, click the Upload/download XML link to expand the menu.
- Click the Upload button to open the Upload a promotion file dialog.
- Click the Choose File button and select a file from the file chooser.
- Click OK.
- From the Promotions tab, select the checkbox for the promotion to delete.
- Click the Delete button.
- Click OK in the Delete records dialog.