WHAT IS IT?
Office 365 is Microsoft's cloud-hosted platform used for email and calendaring. Office 365 provides the same features that YaleConnect offers today, along with a new YaleConnect Webmail interface.
What are the benefits?
- Larger email quota, 50GB, allowing for improved handling of email.
- Same functionality you currently have today: email, calendaring, contacts, tasks, and notes.
- More responsive web browser interface when using YaleConnect Webmail.
How will this impact me?
If you use POP3 or IMAP protocols to access your YaleConnect email, you will no longer be able to do so, except for:
- faculty in a non-covered entity
- students in a non-covered entity
- service accounts tied to a critical Yale business function or service
How will I know my YaleConnect account was moved?
If you use Microsoft Outlook, the following message may appear:
Windows/PC Users: "The Microsoft Exchange Administrator has made a change that requires you to quit and restart Outlook."
Mac Users: "Outlook was redirected to the server autodiscover-s.outlook.com to get new settings for your account email@example.com. Do you want to allow this server to configure your settings?" click "Yes".
YaleConnect Webmail has a different login interface.
Mobile devices may experience an interruption in receiving email.
How to guides
Quick Guides - PDF format:
- Post Migration Instructions
- Set up O365 Outlook App on IOS
- Set up O365 Outlook App on Android
- Remove and recreate mail on IOS
- Remove and recreate mail on Android
- Log into Outlook on the Web (OWA)
- Tip guide for the Outlook Mobile App
- Publish a calendar in Office 365