Existing Box Account Options
If you have a personal Box account that uses your primary Yale email address, Box at Yale will not allow you to create an account. Box at Yale uses your Yale address as your username.
Please review your options below.
Note: Yale restricts the plug-ins and applications available. Visit the list of approved downloads.
Keep your existing personal Box.com account and add a Box at Yale account.
- Change the email address associated with your personal account to use an email address other than your @yale.edu address.
- After you have changed your personal account email address, login to https://yale.box.com/ with your Yale netID and password to create and start using your Box at Yale account.
Upgrade your personal Box.com account to your Box at Yale account.
- Submit the Request to Upgrade to Box at Yale.
- The ITS Help Desk will notify you once the change is complete, within two business days.
- Login to https://yale.box.com/ with your Yale netID and password to start using your Box at Yale account.
- Comparison of Box.com to Similar Cloud-Based Services
- Comparison of Personal Box Accounts to. Box at Yale Accounts