MFA at Yale User Reference Guide
If you use any application that requires the Central Authentication Services (CAS) or Yale's Virtual Private Network (VPN), then you will need to know more about Multifactor Authentication or MFA.
Your account at DUO Security, our MFA provider, is automatically created when your Yale affiliation is established.
Now that my first device is enrolled...
- Device management is done by going to DUO via our VPN site at access.yale.edu
- How do I authenticate with sites at Yale, including VPN with AnyConnect?
- Can I authenticate without a smart phone?
- How do I add another device?
- What happens if my only device is my mobile phone, and now I've replaced it with a new one with the same number?
Now that all my devices are in DUO...
- I'm going to be traveling soon. Will everything work?
- How can I name them to something sensible, define which one is my default device, or have DUO send me a 'push' or a 'phone call' automatically when I connect to a protected resource?
- How do I access my shared mailboxes on OWA?
I still can't find the information I need...
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) provides greater detail on many more issues than those covered by these main topics
- The ITS Help Desk is trained and experienced with the issues that surround MFA and they are available 24/7