What is a Sponsored Identity?
Sponsored Identity is a category and process for granting access to individuals who have valid business reasons for physical access (ID card) and/or system access (NetID) to Yale resources, and are not a Student, Employee, Contingent Worker, Faculty or Alumni.
Please note that a PIN for the NetID must be requested; it is not automatically generated.
Learn more about Sponsored Identities:
For questions on whether an individual meets the criteria to be a Sponsored Identity, refer to this document (Yale Population: Who's In Workday and Who's Not) and the Identity Management Decision Tree.
For detailed descriptions of Sponsored Identity types and the process view Sponsored Identity procedure
- For detailed information on Sponsored Identities, who are they, and what they are entitled to, refer to "What you need to know about Sponsored Identities."
How do I request a Sponsored Identity (SI)?
- Review the Sponsored Identity Access Procedure,
- Enter request into the SI application.
- Notifications are sent to requestor and approver. All requests require approval.
- NetIDs are generated within 4 to 8 hours after approval.
- Request a PIN from firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I complete a Sponsored Identity request?
Review Sponsored Identity How to Guide.
How do I approve a Sponsored Identity request?
Where Do I Get Help?
For assistance with access or using the Sponsored Identity application, contact ITS Help Desk at 203-432-9000.
For assistance in determining whether someone is a candidate for Workday, please utilize Who’s Who in Workday. If further assistance is needed, please contact the Employee Service Center (ESC) at 203-432-5552 or email@example.com.