What is a Sponsored Identity?
Sponsored Identity is a category and process for granting access to individuals who have valid business reasons for physical access (ID card) and/or system access (NetID) to Yale resources, and are not a Student, Employee, Contingent Worker, Faculty, or Alumni.
The Yale ID Center will no longer accept paper forms and are requiring departments to enter all vendors, consultants, visitors, or spouses into the Sponsored Identity System.
Please note that a PIN for the NetID must be requested; it is not automatically generated.
Learn more about Sponsored Identities:
For questions on whether an individual meets the criteria to be a Sponsored Identity, refer to the Identity Management Decision Tree.
For detailed descriptions of Sponsored Identity types and the process view Sponsored Identity procedure.
For detailed instructions view the Sponsored Identity Quick Guide.
- For detailed information on Sponsored Identities, who are they, and what they are entitled to, refer to "What you need to know about Sponsored Identities."
How do I request a Sponsored Identity (SI)?
- Review the Sponsored Identity Quick Guide.
- Validate that the individual does not already have an active identity record in Workday, Banner or Sponsored Identity.
- Enter request into the SI application.
- Notifications are sent to requestor and approver. All requests require approval.
- NetIDs are generated within 4 to 8 hours after approval.
- Request a PIN by forwarding your "Completed" SI email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If VPN access is required, please complete the VPN Exception request.
How do I approve a Sponsored Identity request?
Where Do I Get Help?
For assistance with access or using the Sponsored Identity application, contact ITS Help Desk at 203-432-9000.
For assistance in determining whether someone is a candidate for Workday, please contact the Employee Service Center (ESC) at 203-432-5552 or email@example.com.