ITS Summer College Internship Program
- The application deadline for the 2018 ITS Summer College Internship Program has passed. Applications are no longer being accepted.
About the Program
Want to explore careers in the information technology field? Immerse yourself in the dynamic and varied world of Yale Information Technology Services with a ITS Summer College Internship. These paid, full-time, 10- to 12-week positions give you the chance to work side by side with IT professionals on projects matched with your skills and interests.
Assignments will give you hands-on experience, exposure to a collaborative culture, and opportunities to sharpen problem-solving and critical-thinking skills. You will acquire professional experience and learn about IT functions throughout the university. In addition, you will develop your career-building skills and increase your knowledge through career-building workshops and networking activities.
If you have ever wondered what it takes to support a large teaching and research institution such as Yale, apply now.
To be eligible to apply, you must be enrolled full-time in an accredited college degree program. We accept applications from all majors; an interest in computer science or an IT-related field is preferred.
- Students in four-year degree programs: First-, second-, and third-year students are eligible to apply. (Undergraduates who will finish their programs in 2017-2018 should consider the Yale ITS Brian J. Wolson Early Career Development Program.)
- Students in two-year degree programs: You must have completed at least one semester and at least 12 credits toward your intended degree. Students who completed or will complete their two-year degree programs in the 2017-2018 academic year also may apply.
Students enrolled in graduate programs are not eligible. If you are an international student, you must be authorized to work in the United States during the summer.
2018 Program Timeline
- December 2017 – Application opens
- February 15, 2018 – Last day to apply
- March 2018 – Selected applicants invited to interview
- April 2018 -- Accepted applicants notified
- Early June 2018 – Internship program begins
- Mid-August 2018– Internship program ends
Application deadline: February 15, 2018 (CLOSED)
How to Apply
- Complete the online application form. Upload your resume and a cover letter. Your cover letter should address why you are applying to this program and what you hope to gain.
- Obtain an unofficial transcript from the institution you are attending. Upload your unofficial transcript in the application or mail the document to the address below. (You may wish to include unofficial transcripts from other schools at which you completed relevant coursework.) You will be asked to provide an official transcript if you are accepted into the program.
- Arrange to have a letter of recommendation emailed directly to ITSCollegeInternships@yale.edu. We prefer the recommender to be an academic representative (instructor, academic adviser, or equivalent) who is familiar with your academic performance and/or relevant experience.
Please contact ITSCollegeInternships@yale.edu