Qualtrics Survey Tool
What is it?
Yale has acquired an institutional license for a web-based survey tool (from Qualtrics). It is a comprehensive web-based survey service that is flexible and easy to navigate and is available for immediate use.
Get started by going to YaleSurvey.qualtrics.com.
Other schools have different websites:
Features & benefits: Users will be able to:
- Control text, questions, messages, choices, reports, graphs, images, colors, exports, code, emails, fonts, themes, sharing, panels, logics and blocks.
- Collaborate in real-time and grant other Yale affiliates access to surveys and reports.
- Translate surveys into 48 languages and then automatically deliver the questions in the recipients’ native tongue.
- Use with EPI and EPHI records (approved and certified for use on September 13, 2011)
Where to get it?
- Get started by going to YaleSurvey.qualtrics.com. Other schools have different websites:
IMPORTANT: If you currently have an active Qualtrics account within your department at Yale, continue to use your existing URL to access the account. For more information, please contact your local IT Support Provider.
Who can use it?
Faculty, Staff and Students
How much does it cost?
The service is free to the Yale community, eliminating the need to use fee-based survey tools, such as Survey Monkey.
Where to get help?
If you need assistance in establishing an account or logging in, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 203.432.9000. Qualtrics provides extensive self-help including a multi-media library with support documentation and video tutorials. You can access all these support materials while you are logged in simply by clicking on the “Get Help” or “Ask a Question” links on your screen.
One especially useful resource is an online tutorial to help users get started quickly with constructing and distributing surveys. View the tutorial.