Event Management & Logistics (Cvent)
Login to your Cvent account
Please note: Cvent may not be used to store or transmit files that contain Social Security numbers, Protected Health Information, or information governed by federal export-control laws. While Cvent has been approved by Yale's Information Security Office for 1-lock and 2-lock data, 3-lock data is not permitted in Cvent accounts. The use of Information Technology Services facilities is governed by the ITS Appropriate Use Policy, University policies, and applicable laws. Your use of ITS facilities, including the Cvent service and the Yale network, constitutes your agreement to abide by these policies.
What is it?
Cvent is a cloud-based software application that allows users to create registration systems for events. Users can create websites for events through Cvent, send out invitations, track activity, participation, collect registration fees, and generate related reports.
Features of Cvent at Yale
Multiple Accounts and Access
- Allows five (5) user logins per account to access event information
- Ability to set up Yale process to automatically post credit card transactions and fees to GL MA/PTAEO monthly
Cvent includes an advanced toolset designed to manage registrations and attendance.
- Create branded event websites
- Automate email delivery
- Accept registrations via web, fax or direct mail
- Track multi-session registration
- Generate task lists, calendars, name badges and mailing labels
Cvent budget management alleviates the challenges of manually tracking funds and monitoring expenditures.
- Compare money collected and spent across events
- Track expenses by vendor or category across events
- Leverage budget information to negotiate better deals
Cvent securely collects payments with real-time tracking and automated refunds.
- Use advance payment options
- Direct instant credit card deposits into bank account
- Automate event payments, refunds and discounts
- Accept multiple international currencies
- Set multi-tiered pricing for different registrant types
- Select reporting options
Housing and Travel Management
Use Cvent to secure the best rates, easily manage room blocks and minimize no-shows.
- Monitor guest room inventory in real-time
- Integrate with hotel GDS and airline reservation systems
Cvent helps gain insight into meetings program by measuring key statistics for one event or across multiple events.
- Select from over 100 standard plus unlimited custom reports
- Share reports real-time by placing them on a secure webpage
- Export data to a variety of common formats including Excel, Word, PDF, and CSV
Who can use it?
Cvent is available for purchase by any organization within the Yale Community. Users are able to login to Cvent with Yale Central Authentication System (CAS).
How to get it?
Accounts are available on a fiscal year basis. We recommend requesting accounts at least 2 weeks prior to start of creation of your event to allow ITS and Cvent to configure access to your account.
How much does it cost?
- FY14: $2.99 per registrant (free account with logins)
- FY15: $2.99 per registrant (free account with logins)
- FY16: $2.99 per registrant PLUS $1,000 per account
- Ongoing: $2.99 per registrant PLUS $1,000 per account
Professional Services for Creating Events:
Cvent provides Professional Services to help interested units in creating events. Event costs are based on their complexity.
- Simple Event - $1,000
- Medium Even - $1,500
- Advanced - $2,000
- Complex - $2,500
Please speak with a Cvent customer care representative to discuss your event needs further and to define your level of complexity.
Where to get help?
Helpful Resources & Training Materials
Support and resources are available to registered users to assist in setup and learning to use the functions and features of Cvent. These resources include:
Cvent Training and User Guides
Learn how to create events in Cvent in a weekend:
Cvent “how to” training is available in multiple formats including webinars, user reference guides, and on demand video modules. Topics include:
- Users with a Cvent account can access Cvent Support here. There’s also an instructional video for using the Support Center here.
- Cvent Customer Care teams are available 24x7 at 866-318-4357
Registered users may brand event webpages to match approved branding currently used in their schools and departments. Support information includes:
- Favicon Image: The favicon is found within the browser URL field. It should be 16 x 16 pixels in an .ico format.
- Email Footer Removal: This removes the Cvent logo from the bottom of emails sent.
- Custom Footer: This removes the Cvent logo from the bottom of event websites and registrations forms, and allows users to upload images within an account/event. The recommended image size is from 740-926 pixels wide.
- Planner Logo: This replace the Cvent logo at the top-left of user’s Cvent account at log in – it is planner facing. It must be less than 450 pixels wide.
- Private Domain: Please complete the following form found here. Rights to the domain should be purchased prior from a webhosting service like Network Solutions.