2016 Yale Technology Summit
Friday, October 28, 2016, Yale School of Management
- Mark your calendar: The 2016 Yale Technology Summit will take place on Friday, October 28 from 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. The event is free and open to all members of the Yale community.
- Interested in presenting? If you are a student, faculty member, researcher, staff member, or alumni who would like to present at the 2016 summit, please fill out the online proposal form.
- Register for Lunch: The event is free to the yale community, but you must register to receive a free boxed lunch.
- More information: Look for updates about the 2016 summit, including the announcement of the keynote speaker and the full schedule, on this page.
Call for Speakers
The Yale Technology Summit Advisory Committee seeks presentation proposals from Yale faculty, staff, students, and alumni for the third annual Yale Technology Summit taking place on October 28, 2016, at the Yale School of Management.
The Tech Summit is a showcase for Yale faculty, students, staff and alumni who work with innovative and emerging technologies that support teaching, learning, research, and administration. The event is open exclusively to members of the Yale community, and there is no charge to attend.
The committee seeks proposals for 30- to 50-minute presentations (including Q&A) that align with one of these presentation tracks:
- Connected Health: Medical professionals and entrepreneurs working to change the landscape of healthcare and patient data delivery through technology.
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation: Developers, researchers, project managers, and practitioners sharing experiences in the development, implementation, and use of technologies that enable collection, manipulation, processing, visualization, and analysis of data.
- Internet of Things: Innovators using internet-connected everyday objects to gather and release data.
- Scholarship & Research: Faculty and students conducting research or scholarly work focusing on or supporting new or interesting technologies.
- Teaching & Learning: Professors, lecturers, practitioners, and others utilizing technology-enhanced pedagogical techniques in Yale classes.
Proposals should include your preferred format: presentation, poster session, panel, or workshop.
Please send a short proposal (approximately 300 words) using the online proposal form by Friday, September 16, 2016.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2016 Yale Technology Summit is a celebration and showcase of innovative and emerging technologies used in teaching, research, and entrepreneurial and administrative activities at Yale University and beyond. Faculty, researchers, students, staff, and alumni will present their work and engage in debate and discussion at this day-long event that also will feature a technology expo and workshops. The annual event is open exclusively to the Yale community.
2016 Yale Technology Summit Advisory Committee
Jim Boyle, Managing Director, Yale Entrepreneurial Institute
Darice Corey-Gilbert, Director of Web and IT Planning, Yale College Dean's Office
William Culligan, President, Yale Graduate and Professional Student Senate
Kevin Glick, Head of Digital Information Systems and University Archives, University Library
Peter Huang, Yale College Council President
Sanjana Singh, Center for Teaching and Learning
Erika Smith, Deputy Director, Yale Entrepreneurial Institute
Katie Thibodeau, Senior Associate Director, Major Gifts, Office of Development
Susan West, Associate Director, Office of the CIO, ITS
Ken Wieler, Chief Technology Officer and Director of Infrastructure, School of Management